This evening the boys had a great time with all of the trick-or-treaters coming to our door! They were so excited. I found these Batman PJ's that have a cape and Josiah's been wearing it constantly since last Saturday as his costume...everywhere. Paul had a pirate costume but would only wear the hat. They LOVED seeing all of our neighbors come to our house, I'm pretty sure it's Josiah's favorite day of the year, he is such a people person. We didn't actually go out but the boys had fun standing on our front porch and ringing our doorbell.
Here are some quotes I overheard from both of the boys tonight while we "treated" our neighbors to lots of candy, hello's, and compliments on their costumes.
J: "All the peoples love to come to our house."
J: "Whoa, that girl was really pretty." And he stared at her as she walked all the way down the driveway! AH!
J & P: "This is the best night ever."
J: "People love our candy, it's the best."
P: "Gobble gobble, Arrggg, I a pirate!"
Running out to the driveway during a lull in trick-or-treaters, Josah yells back to the house, "I see some people they better be coming to our house!!!"
J: "Where is Cassie? She hasn't come to our house yet. I haven't seen her, she said she would come!" (this is his new and first friend that is a girl at school. I think he is smitten with her)
Adult in a scary gorilla costume comes to the door with his kids:
J: "Whoa that's a big monkey, we don't like big monkeys." (eyes wide with fear as he is backing away)
P: "He's not going to eat us, right mommy?"
Earlier today we finally got around to decorating our pumpkins.
On Sunday night we had a fall festival & movie at church. We showed the new Veggie Tales movie called the League of Incredible Vegetables. The kids loved it. Afterwards in our KidZone space next door, there were 9 different booths set up for the kids to play games, do fun activities and earn prizes and candy. It was a huge hit! Josiah thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever been to! You can view more pictures from that night here on the Hills of Grace website photo page.
The two Batman buddies. This is Josiah's good friend Owen. They see each other nearly every day of the week. They go to preschool together, see each other at BSF every Wednesday morning and then at church on Sundays. They are quite the pair!
Josiah was a great candy helper!
His Batman move.
Paul loves to jump down the stairs.
She is climbing stairs now!
Josiah answered the door and loved seeing what everyone was wearing.
He's saying, "Arrrggg I'm pirate!"
We made spiders for a spider pit at the Fall Festival and put them all over our front porch. They were a hit with the neighbors!
At 10pm, Paul FINALLY fell asleep reading his grover book.
Now someone, please, come hide all of this candy from me! I have no self-control and cannot stop eating it. I am so weak, I crumble at the sight of chocolate!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!