Tabs

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Friends and Sunshine

We are all elated that warmer weather is here. Bike riding, watermelon eating, water guns, outside until dark… these are the best days!

Josiah's friend, Ethan, came over to play after school one Friday afternoon. They were jumping up and down excited that Ethan got to ride home with us and stay for dinner. They played hard, got so dirty and stinky, and between the four of them, ate an entire small watermelon! Josiah's happiness is overflowing when he has a friend over!


 I love plants indoors, but I have difficulty keeping indoor plants alive. I'm not really sure what my problem is, but I have killed so many over the years. Succulents are all the rage now in decorating worlds (I only know this because of Pinterest). I read about succulents and how to care for them and I thought they'd be perfect for me. Only water once a week and keep in a lighted area. No problem. So far they are still alive, thriving and growing. Their glossy texture is so pretty.



 Leah and Paul dress up every day. They enjoy wearing capes and running all around the house. Leah likes to "help" Paul build legos….except she gets very distracted after only a few minutes of building and turns into the lego destroyer. I will usually hear Paul yelling, "LEEEAAAHHH!! YOU ARE MAKING ME CRAZY!!!"  And then I play referee and have to separate the two superheros for cooling off time.
 
Paul learned how to swing by himself. Yay! 
He is so proud. So so proud that he can do it. When he gets swinging high, he will squeal and say, "I can see the whole city! I am so high in the sky! This is awesome!" 

It is the end of the school year and Josiah is over it. He is done with coloring, done with reading, done with math, done with school work. He showed his teacher his strong will the week before Mother's day and refused to complete or even start this mother's day booklet they were supposed to do. His teacher said, "Wow, Josiah's pretty strong willed isn't he? I have not seen this side of him all year. He held out for 45 minutes, refusing to do his work and would not budge." Yes yes, that's Josiah! He told me later that he couldn't think of anything to write because he hates writing. I could understand, I hated writing too in school. My mind would go blank and I could not think of anything to put on the paper to make a cohesive sentence.

Then he had to color this picture of a bucket and sand for the wall outside of their classroom. He put it off all weekend, and finally on Sunday night I said he had to sit down and do it. He got out the black marker and colored it all in. I asked why he didn't use any other colors and he said, "I don't feel happy so I am doing it in black." I told his teacher that this was him expressing his feelings about the end of school, through art. We both laughed.

Last Friday was field day for the kindergarteners. Unfortunately, the whole week was rainy/snowy, very cool, and extremely windy. The kids had a good time doing all of the activities, I ran everywhere with Josiah and Ethan, they did not want to walk from station to station. We had fun and we all had nice wind burn from the 50mph winds that morning. 



Last Saturday was our 11th Wedding Anniversary! We celebrated by going downtown to eat lunch and try out a new ice cream place. We had a nice time and the ice cream was delicious!

Then we had friends over that evening because there was a big movie night event downtown that our church was hosting. I watched my friend's kids so they could go help. The kids played with water guns and ran around in the rain. Everyone got to make their own pizza for dinner, then we had popcorn and watched a movie with blankets and pillows on the floor. They had the best time!






Just 4 more days of school...Then days of swimming, popsicles, picnics, park time, fishing, and lots of fun with friends begin. I am looking forward to it. Now to finish planting my garden… I think the warm weather is here to stay… finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!