You all know about the "I think I froze my lung", I wrote about it not long ago. It brought me to tears I laughed so hard.
But there is another time this happened that made me laugh even harder than that. It happened when we lived in Waco about a year after we were married. Justin was playing ultimate frisbee with the youth in our youth group and landed wrong after he jumped up in the air. He had dislocated his sacro-iliac joint (near your tailbone). He couldn't walk right, one hip was higher than the other, and he was in quite a bit of pain for a while. He had to get steroid shots in it, have physical therapy for several months, and he had to ice it everyday for 15 minutes.
Ice.... see where I'm going. :)
He had one of these cool ice packs that we kept in the freezer and stayed really cold. Well, one evening as he was icing his butt (I'm starting to laugh already!!!), we were watching t.v. and he wasn't paying close attention to the time. Well, after about 30 minutes, he looks at me and says... "Oh man, my butt is really cold, I think I left it on too long. I don't have much feeling to it." So, the kind wife I am, I take a look. Sure enough, there are purple areas where he couldn't feel it. We waited until his butt warmed up, and looked again. It was still numb! My husband did the unthinkable. He froze his butt!! We still laugh about it to this day. And he still can't feel about a quarter-sized area on his rear and there are a few purple dots that have never gone away. Oh man, that's funny stuff!!
So anyway, to the latest freezing. We've had 3 major snowstorms in the past 3 weeks and my poor husband has been doing a lot of snow shoveling. During the storms he would go outside and shovel our driveway a few times so the snow wouldn't get too thick. After he'd been inside for quite some time he looked at me with a pained look on his face and said...
"My brain hurts, I think I froze it."
From inhaling all of the cold air...right! ha ha. Justin should be a comedian. Actually though, if this trend of freezing continues he might just end up looking like this --->

That's right, I just broke out a Star Wars example. Star Wars (the old ones) are the best movies of all time (and the Princess Bride, but that's another story). Anyway, I digress.... Han Solo (Harrison Ford) in the Empire Strikes Back is frozen in carbonite in this picture. He is eventually brought back to life; but this is what I thought of when Justin told me he froze something again. Now you all know, I'm secretly a Star Wars fan, and my husband has a problem inadvertently freezing body parts. :)
This whole Justin's butt thing was way too much information! ;O)
ReplyDeleteThanks for a really really good laugh!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is too funny!! Y'all are brave souls, I hate being cold. I don't think I could live anywhere where my body parts may freeze at any given time!
ReplyDeleteI WANT TO SEE THE MOUNTAIN LION FROZEN IN CARBONITE!!!!!!!please....show me the lion....i want to see the lion and the BIG KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks. But I agree, TMI...
ReplyDeleteLove Melisa