If only Josiah were old enough to cook. He LOVES to "help" me cook in the kitchen. I give him spoons, cans, bottles, pots and bowls and he will play and pretend he is pouring things in the pots, stir it around, sip it, and will say, "Mmmmm". It's the cutest thing in the world! Maybe he'll become a chef.
So, meals around our house are sparse, lots of peanut butter and jelly and grilled cheese for them. I can't eat it because bread makes me gag. I also cannot even think about mushrooms or cream of mushroom soup. I had to turn all of the cream of mushroom/chicken soup cans around in the pantry so I couldn't see the word 'mushroom'. I have instantaneous nausea when I see, hear, or think about mushrooms. Weird.. huh?!
Wanna know what else is on my 'Do Not Eat List'.... scrambled eggs (boiled eggs are ok though), pizza, bread of any sort, milk, yogurt, vegetables (except green beans and corn), any other thing that has the slightest strong smell, and the list is growing by the day.
I've pretty much just been eating peppermints, cheez nips, animal crackers, malt-o-meal, and jello. I can't wait for this part of pregnancy to be over, I am ready to EAT again!! I love eating!!
Ooh and if anyone can overnight me some Chick-Fil-A nuggets or chicken sandwich (minus the pickle), I would LOVE you FOREVER! That is the ONLY thing that sounds good to me right now.
It is truly amazing that babies survive in the womb when the mothers can hardly eat food or keep anything down.
God's creation of life is truly a masterpiece.
This picture of Josiah makes me laugh --->
He is concentrating so hard on cooking up something wonderful. He makes us laugh every day! Especially now that he is having a vocabulary explosion. Wow, he amazes me with the amount of words he is learning. He tries to say anything that we tell him. He is also becoming an expert climber and dare-devil. Jumping off of things is becoming a new (and scary!) fascination for him. He can get on the kitchen table in seconds.... ahh! He loves to read books, sit on his new potty and say 'pee pee' a lot while he's sitting there, sing to music, dance a funky white boy dance to any music, and give kisses and hugs. For some reason he has started using signs that I taught him way back a long time ago! He will use the one for drink, more, airplane, and potty. I need to teach him some more since he is picking up on them so fast now.
Ok, I have just rambled on this post, I'll stop typing now. Sorry for the novel! :)
Hang in girl. You can make it, then you can eat whatever you want..haha. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteMelisa
By the way, you can't watch any of your videos they keep erroring out...FYI
ReplyDeleteMelisa
We don't mind the rambling newsy blog and hearing about all the new things Josiah is doing. Sorry you're so sick!
ReplyDeletei feel your pain! i was sick for 4 months when i was pregnant with kamryn and i too LOVE food, so it was hard. hopefully it will get better soon...thank goodness for peanut butter huh? :) you should start posting belly shots soon so we can see your progress each month & watch tiny tot dancer #2 growing in your belly! miss you guys.
ReplyDeletewe are so delighted that you are pregnant!!!!!!!so sorry to hear about your sickness.....lesley can relate....she was like that with all three.....you women have to endure so much.....God Bless you each and every one!!!!! I guess now would not be the time for justin to bring in his stringer load of trout.....look honey ...fresh fish....yak!!!!!!!!!love the videos!!!Josiah and I will have to have a corn on the cobb eating contest....outside...in the back.....a block away....so your nose cannot smell a thing!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete