Tabs

Friday, July 3, 2009

You know you're getting older when....

Lately I've noticed that I just might be getting older.. and Justin too, we are slowly fading out of the "young" generation.  Here's why:

  • I don't text really at all, and don't plan to. Many people have long conversations through texts. Justin and I think this is absurd! A quick message here and there is fine, but come on people... I've seen so many do it while they are driving!! AH! scary! 
  • We don't have phones that can surf the internet or update our facebook/twitter status with. We just use our phones to CALL people. ha ha! 
  • I'm very unnerved about this weekend, being 4th of July and we don't live in the city limits and our neighbors have told us it is like World War 3 in our neighborhood this weekend. I would love to go get a hotel somewhere, people are going to be up ALL night popping fireworks and how in the world is Josiah going to stay asleep?! 
  • Justin falls asleep on the couch about 8:30... I call it his pre-bedtime nap. 
  • We don't have cable, Tivo, or anything fancy like that. We have rabbit ears on our TV that have foil on the ends (lovely huh?!), and we watch PBS like all of the time because we have 3 different PBS channels... we're rockin'! :)
  • People who have loud parties until 2 a.m. with lots of drunk people hollering and screaming right near my baby's window does not make me a very happy momma. (I am praying for these neighbors of mine!)
  • Cars with no mufflers or extremely loud ones --- WHY? 
  • We apply sunscreen every 2 hours when we're outside.   PALE is the new TAN!
  • Justin can't sleep past 6 - 6:30 most mornings (I feel sad for him, I could still sleep 12 hours straight every night if I had the opportunity)
  • DC Talk's Jesus Freak song is about as rap as it gets for me. (unbelievably I can still sing that whole song word for word!) And maybe some of the new TobyMac stuff, but that's about it...no rap music in this house... cause we're old and our groove thing is gone.
  • Justin gets a vocabulary lesson from the teenagers every day when he drives the bus... he didn't know so many new words and phrases existed. 
  • When we go to rent a movie we don't know what any of the new releases are.
  • It's no longer fun to stay up late, eat lots of greasy junk food, not brush my teeth, drive too fast, spend money on myself, go to a tanning bed...and the list could go on. 
  • It is now fun to roll around on the floor with Josiah while he climbs all over us, pretend I'm a tiger and roar as I chase Josiah around the house, to eat vegetables, work in the yard, to listen to a story of jibberish that I don't understand, read the same Go Dogs Go book 50 times in a day, have a family picnic in the park, and snuggle on the couch with my husband and fall asleep at 8:30 while watching PBS. 
Life is good even though we are getting 'older'. :)

5 comments:

  1. We are alike in many ways!! My friends have always refered to me as the grandma of the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the going to bed early, having a family oriented vehicle, and making sure we are eating the right things for our future health.
    I miss you all dearly. Happy Belated Birthday Justin. All the pics are beautiful. Is Josiah ready for potty training yet? You might think about that with having two little ones is diapers is hard and expensive.

    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, you are not really getting old until you start forgetting. Now, it is not a serious thing until you forget what this thing or that whatchamacallit is used for.

    You two are still very young.

    Love you,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I'm so glad there are people like you to balance out people like me in the world. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's amazing how what you got going on now will change....you will definitely want to text that way you can in an LOVING WAY ....of course tell josiah to get his rear home and i mean now !!!! without disturbing the drunken party next door....u can keep it quiet....shhhhh.....quiet....on fourth of july just go out and fire your shotgun off a few rounds and yell that's the way we do it in texas....they will carry their fireworks to the city next year...tell justin to enjoy the pre-nap thing cause josiah will get into the DADDY WILL YOU DO THIS WITH MEEEEEE????PLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!cable will show up so josiah will be cool like all the rest...you know the next morning at school ...o yeah i saw that last night....yeah cool....and the drunken parties...go shoot the beer cans with your shotgun and they will move the party.....cars with loud mufflers....won't even drive down your street because by now you got a reputation of the PALE LADY WITH A BIG GUN !!!!! ahhhh...life is sweet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!