You just put the strawberries in a pan with some water, sugar, and pectin. Let it boil a bit and you are also supposed to stick your nose way down into the pot and smell it too. It is heaven on earth. Justin kept laughing at me because I couldn't stop smelling it.
Next, get your canning jars washed, lids boiled and ready to go. Pour the strawberry mixture in the jars, leaving 1 inch headspace.
Process the jars for about 15 minutes in a boiling water bath, take them out and let them sit for 12 hours. Thankfully all of my lids sealed!
Now comes the BEST part.... eating it. I made some biscuits for church the following morning and we ate the preserves on them. Oh my, were they ever good! It was sweet and bright red from the fresh strawberries. I am so glad I didn't mess them up this year! It is delicious!

Is your mouth watering? Because mine is!
oooh... I didn't realize how easy that is! I might have to try it! Jennifer you totally inspire me!
ReplyDeleteDitto!!
ReplyDelete