These past 9 months that we have lived in Rapid City have been 9 months of God showing His faithfulness to us over and over again. Probably never in my life have I had to struggle very much, I've had a wonderful, Christian family, we always had everything we needed. Many times when I was having a hard time was because of consequences of bad choices I have made. I asked Christ to be in my life at a young age, but didn't have a walking relationship with Him until I was in high school. I had always heard and read about God's faithfulness... all throughout the Old Testament are stories of how God is faithful to His promises, faithful to His unconditional love.... and faithful when we are not. But I don't think I truly grasped what that meant, until these past few months.
As Justin and I moved here, it was not easy. I knew in my heart that God would provide for us, but I still worried about the details of everything. But over and over and over He has shown His amazing love and been faithful to provide all that we have needed. Not what we want, what we NEED. He has provided strength, wisdom, encouragement through scripture and other people at just the right time, food, a home, cars that run, the finances to get Hills of Grace started, and sooo much more. He continues to be faithful, even when we forget to praise Him, thank Him, spend time with Him. He remains steadfast. He remains loving. He remains the Rock, the Cornerstone, the only One that we need. This is why I serve Him. Because He is faithful, loving, my ever-present help in times of need, and most of all... He sent His son to die on the cross for me, for my sins, so that I can live and one day spend eternity praising Him in heaven.
I just want to write down some things that I am thankful for in these past 9 months. So many times we forget to thank him for the countless ways He shows us He loves us.
- For God bringing us to Rapid City, this journey has helped us to grow closer in our relationship with the Lord.
- Encouragement from scripture and other people at just the right time.
- A home
- Our healthy new little boy that is growing in my womb.
- Family and friends who continue to be our prayer warriors.
- People who have faithfully given financial support to us and to Hills of Grace.
- That we had 25 brand new visitors at our 3rd Preview Worship last week... and 11 of them were children!
- New friends

- The new people God is putting in our lives to befriend and love on.
- A cool summer
- Dental insurance
- For Joe, Bethany, Alecia, and Anthony who have faithfully been helping us with the launch of Hills of Grace.
- That not all of my tomato plants died and we are eating fresh tomatoes and have enough to give to others.

- That I am able to be a stay at home mom.
- Our healthy, happy, rambuncious, comedic, little toddler who has recently reverted back to old sleeping habits and is keeping mom awake again at night... (at least I had 3 months of good, uninterrupted sleep, right?)
- For all of the laughter and joy Josiah brings to our lives. He makes me giggle at least 10 times a day.

- That Justin has a job! Interestingly, I don't know if I ever shared this, but after we moved here our health insurance was going to run out Feb 1st. God provided Justin with the bus driving job that had health insurance.... and it's no coincidence that that insurance started coverage on us on Jan. 29th.
- That Justin was given an extra driving route for part of the summer and he was able to pick up 6 weekly lawn mowing jobs to make some extra money.

- Did I say new friends already? I think so, but I am soooo thankful for new friends. God has truly blessed me with new people he keeps putting in my life.

There is so much more, but Josiah just woke up from his nap! Gotta run!

What a wonderful testimony! Yes, God is faithful to those who are faithful to Him and to His Word. I give thanks every day to God and His glorious ways!
ReplyDeleteI thank God for bringing the Dancers into our lives!
Sure wish I was leaving for South Dakota this Thursday with the team but God knows what is best for me. I will stay here and water the cows. By the way, we have 4 new baby calves: one hefer and 3 bulls. What a blessing!
Have a blessed week and I pray Josiah will sleep better during the night so you can rest.
Love & Light,
Kathleen
I love the picture of Josiah in the bus! It is so great to read about the depths of His faithfulness. I'm sooooo bummed to hear about the return of the sleeping habits!! We are still doing HORRIBLY!! I so feel your pain!
ReplyDelete