Tabs

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From the lips of Josiah

Stories of him I've been writing down and saving so I wouldn't forget.  

At 3 and 3 months old Josiah is still not completely potty trained. No problems peeing, no accidents hardly ever, but he flat out refuses to poop on the potty. Every day he will come and ask me for a diaper, and I will put it on him, he does his business, and I change him, and put underwear back on him. G-R-O-S-S. Here is a tidbit of a recent conversation with him about this (while he is standing 5 feet from me, with his foul-smelling diaper stinking up the whole upstairs).
Me: Josiah, do you like having poo poo on your bottom?
Josiah: Yes, mommy, I do.
Me: Nooo, it's so yucky! It'll be fun to poop on the potty!
Josiah: Yeah, I just poop on the potty at church. It's a better potty. (He did, randomly, poop at church one time and it has never happened again, but he ALWAYS talks about it.)
Me: We need to pray and ask God to help you not be afraid to poo poo on the potty at home. God can help you do anything, even poo poo like a big boy in the bathroom!
Josiah: Oh... Well... God is not a big boy eiver (either), he wuvs to poop in the diaper wike (like) me! God is my friend. He just wants me to stay pooping in the diaper.
Me: No he doesn't! He really wants to help you not have to wear diapers anymore. We are going to pray every day and ask God to help you. Lets pray right now.
Josiah: NOOOO, I wuvvv pooping in my diaper. I don't want God to help!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day after I picked him up from Mom's Morning Out, he's just jabbering away about what he did. Then he says, "Hey mommy, I really wuv my boogers"
Me: You do? Why do you love boogers?
Josiah: They taste so good, and I wuv to wook at them and put them on Paul. And I have lots and lots of them!
Me: I'm so happy for you. ::gag::

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Josiah: "I'm not a princess, only girls are princesses. I am a spaceship. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q&A with Josiah:
What's the best color?
          Blue
What's the best food?
      Ranch dressing
What's the best place to go?
      The Airport
What's the best thing to drink?
       Apple juice
What's the best car?
       Daddy's

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While outside playing on the swingset, Josiah looks over at me and says, "He wittle wady!"  {W's are L's}  I just laughed and laughed!  You'd think he has been hanging out with an old cowboy or something!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin decided to replace some disgusting blinds in our kitchen one afternoon.  Josiah was happily eating a snack at the counter.  When Justin starts taking off the old blinds he starts screaming and freaking out, shouting, "NOOO don't take them off! NOOO!!!"  Thrashing around and the such begins.  Justin tries to explain to him that he's going to put the new blinds on the window.  Josiah wants to hear none of it.  He is crazy and ballistic. Justin and I are silently laughing with our eyes as we stare at our child in disbelief... over aluminum blinds of all things.  Once the new blinds are on Josiah rudely says, "Put the other ones back on and put those (new ones) in the trash!'"  Justin says, "This is not your house and you will not tell us what to do. "  Josiah replies forcefully, "This is MY house, put the other blinds on!!"  I have to walk away from near tears from laughter.  He then ends up in his room from another ballistic crying and fit throwing after this conversation... over mini-blinds.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One afternoon at naptime I was going to lay down with Josiah for a minute so he would calm down and go to sleep.  Justin was home, and came in to give him a kiss.  Josiah says, "Hey Daddy, come lay down wif me.  [pointing to me] You get out mommy, no girls allowed!  Just daddy and me!"   He loves his daddy and I am so glad they have such a special bond.  It melts my heart! ♥


Josiah, our spirited 3 year old, we really never know what to expect from him. Every day is a NEW day full of excitement, adventures, new discipline strategies, and funny conversations.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh... the story about the blinds sounds like a day in my house! Lordy I never know what to expect with my 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the blinds. We had our carpet stretched out a few weeks ago and Hannah came up with the swiffer trying to swat at the couple doing the work. Then she was upset that they were messing up the carpet. I tried to explain to her that they were making the carpet better but she was not convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...you just never know what funny/strange thing they will do or say next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unfortunately kam eats her boogers too. disgusting! this post cracks me up...what a cute & fun kid you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha-This is hilarious! "I wuv to look at them, and put them on Paul." What a sweet big brother!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!