Here are some of my favorite recipes lately. Notice that none of them are healthy! I crave salt, dark chocolate, and bread. And if you're like me, I'm always looking for good, new recipes, I get bored making the same 'ole stuff!
Bread Machine Bread - a few years ago I bought a bread machine for $5 at a garage sale and have made so much bread with it. Best $5 ever spent. For about a year, the boys lost the little piece in the inside that stirs the dough, but a few months ago I found it inside an air vent in the floor. Hooray! This bread recipe is very simple and I love that I can dump the ingredients in and walk away. I've even substituted half whole wheat flour and it turns out good!
Rice Pilaf - Awesome rice pilaf recipe! Justin and I are rice snobs, always trying new recipes trying to find good rice side dishes. This one is excellent, and I substitute broken up small pieces of spaghetti noodles for the orzo.
30 Minute Yeast Rolls- These are really more like 45 minute rolls, but still, that's super fast for any yeast bread recipe! I love it, because I am usually scrambling at dinner time, and these rolls make it seem that I worked really hard, when I really didn't. If they are too yeasty for you, add a dash of vanilla extract and it will cut the yeast smell/flavor and won't taste like vanilla rolls, I promise! :)
Homemade Nesquik or Hot Cocoa mix- Make this today. It's awesome! I am addicted to hot cocoa and this makes my hot cocoa addiction easier. I pulse the cocoa and sugar and salt in a food processor so it's really fine to make it dissolve better. If you use it for chocolate milk, put just a splash of warm water in the bottom of your cup and mix in the mixture to help it dissolve, then add your milk. For hot cocoa, warm a mug of milk and add 2-3 tablespoons of the mix and a splash of vanilla. Heavenly!
Seasoned Salt Popcorn- Bored of regular old butter popcorn? This is a great change! Justin found this recipe and we love it! We only make stovetop popcorn so it's fun to find different ways to make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment, I LOVE them!